Sometimes you need to have conversations you would rather not. Whether you’re delivering bad news, giving a negative performance evaluation, objecting to additional workload, presenting options during a crisis, or simply letting people know that the direction of a certain project is changing – communicating difficult topics can be an emotionally charged event. Understandably, many people would do anything to avoid the situation. Unfortunately, avoiding these topics does not make them go away.
During this hands-on workshop, you will gain the confidence to recognize, plan, and manage these conversations by practicing the techniques discussed.
- Identifying key elements of difficult conversations.
- Working through different opinions.
- Preparing for the conversation.
- Making it safe for dialog.
- Speaking from your own perspective.
- Managing high emotions.
- Having the conversation and moving forward.